Me and my Peeps

Me and my Peeps

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Easter Birthday? Yes, Please!

Three Layers!


Marty didn't want me to take my birthday picture alone.

Catie threw up about 30 minutes after this picture
I found out my birthday was on Easter this year when I turned my calendar from March to April.  What?!  Now I have to compete with Jesus on my birthday?!  No one can do that!  Turns out, it is actually delightful to have an Easter birthday.  I went to church with my children and everyone wished me a happy birthday there.  Then to further celebrate we hunted for eggs for the rest of the day.  Families got together and I had many feasts on that day.  With a birthday on a Sunday it gives you a reason to celebrate all weekend long, as well!  My best friend who happens to be a marvelous baker made me the prettiest cake I have ever seen.  It was so delicious, and was THREE layers....I'm sure my waist had extra layers on it as well after the cake was gone.  My long lost babysitter was in town visiting so she stopped by and hid eggs for the kids out back.  She brought baskets FULL of gifts and fun for the kids.  I HATE THAT SHE WENT TO COLLEGE!!!  She was such a massive help to me when the babes were little and I had forgotten how much they adored her!  Catie didn't act like herself most of the day.  She later threw up in my van which made me understand the lack of enthusiasm when the Easter bunny came.  All in all, I had a wonderful birthday and it couldn't have happened without all the wonderful family and friends that I have....oh, and Jesus!  Jesus is comforting.
I will never know if my children love me or her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment