Me and my Peeps

Me and my Peeps

Monday, June 6, 2011

Schooooools Out for Summer!

And summer begins
Well, the bell rang and the children were released.  It was an early release day and I figured I would take my neighbor up on her sweet offer of letting us use her pool.  I was "Mother of the Year" when I announced we were going to walk over to our neighbors for a swim.  I tried to swim laps since I hadn't worked out in a week, but my children kept pulling me under or grabbing my suit.  Bucky even grabbed the extra flesh on my tummy and shook it....not so comforting.  

Summer is all about fun.  Camps, trips, swimming, popsicles, etc.  We have so much planned this summer I wonder if I'll be able to accomplish it all and still have money left over to by milk and eggs.  Or wine.

Luckily, my lovely brother and wife own a boat so we are able to mooch off of them for all the water sports we could possibly endure!  I went ahead and tried it out and learned that spray sunblock doesn't work so well.  My poor legs got burned and I'm embarrassed about it!  The best sunblocks on the market are listed here, and none of them are spray.

Summer is comforting.....and hot.
my leg.  It just makes me angry.

The Captain

Power plant lake.  I have super powers now.

Debbie's test of youth.  Slalom ski.

On a wake board.  It felt unnatural so I face planted.


No comments:

Post a Comment