Me and my Peeps

Me and my Peeps

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

We Are Dog People


I grew up always having animals in my home.  My mother was told by numerous friends that we (kids) all had allergies and should get rid of our pets, but she believed it would make our immune systems stronger.  Plus, she adored our pets and wouldn't think twice about getting rid of them.  I am so grateful she instilled the compassion in me that I have for animals.  I can only hope that I will give that to my children as well.  The dogs in our house are just like our fellow family members.  It isn't odd that they are found lounging on the couch during the day or sleeping with the kids in their beds at night.  The dogs are a great affection back up too.  If you feel like you need a hug and all the humans are crabby that day then you will always have a dog who will be happy to snuggle up with you.  I'm sure other animals are too, but I'm having trouble crossing over to the cat world.  It seems every day I'm chasing a cat away from the little bird nest in one of my hanging plants, and it reminds me how innocent and kind my dogs are to other living things....at least they are when I'm paying attention to them.  Dogs are comforting!

No comments:

Post a Comment