Me and my Peeps

Me and my Peeps

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm a Dog Owner; Therefore, I'm a Vet

My long time driving partner, Marty, likes to go with my other driving friend, Pinto, to my neighbor's house for a play date with their dogs. When I know I'm going to be driving for a long time for work that day the dogs will get their beloved play date. One day my friend rang me and sounded frantic on the the other end of the phone. Apparently, there was a dog fight and Marty got the tip of his ear ripped off. When I went to pick the dogs up, my friend was frantically mopping her house and her hair and clothes looked disheveled. She was panicked and afraid I would be angry with her, because my sweet dog got his ear ripped off. I was ok with it, but it was my friend who should have been the frustrated one. Every time Marty shook his head blood would splatter about her house. I tried to ease the situation by making a band aid for Marty with scooby doo band aids and gauze. I also informed my friend that if there should ever be a murder at her house the CSI investigators will be very confused by all the canine blood remnants. She wasn't entertained.

When I got Marty to the vet they admired my scooby band aid fix on Marty's ear. They stitched him up and when two weeks went by and he was supposed to get the stitches out I took them out myself to save money. I'm thinking I missed my Veterinarian calling. At least I know that I don't panic when my dog gets hurt and needs my assistance, and that is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment