Me and my Peeps

Me and my Peeps

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pinot's Pallet Woke the Inner Artist in ME!!!!!



My delightful friend, Jamie, wanted to get me out of the house for some "girl time".  She booked us a spot at Pinot's Pallet to paint one of my favorite paintings, Starry Night.  Well, I'm no Van Gogh (mainly because I have both ears intact), but I'd say it came out nicely.  It was fairly easy too.  The painting has my personal hidden meanings in it and is proudly displayed in my living room for all to see.  Jamie placed hers in her bathroom which makes the loo experience especially nice at her house.  After the experience at Pinot's Pallet I decided that I was an artist/painter.  Jamie bought my paint supplies for my birthday and I went to work on my first painting for my mother.  Mother's Day was approaching and it is virtually impossible to get a woman who has everything a gift she would really enjoy.  Her place of happiness is in Taos, NM and it is her sweet house.  I took a picture of it when I was there last in hope that I could copy it in paint.  One thought before I painted it was to "grid" it and make it look exactly like the picture, but I felt it was more "artistic" if I did it without the grid (plus, the canvas didn't measure out equally to the picture so I couldn't do it anyway without distortion).  I think it turned out ok, but Suga (my mom) adored it!  Mission accomplished.....how comforting!



No comments:

Post a Comment