Me and my Peeps

Me and my Peeps

Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Loved Prom and Now I Love Bluebonnet Ball

Me and the sweetest man I know
 Six proms.  That is correct.....I attended six proms, and I loved every single one of them.  When I entered into the Navy life I realized that this fancy, dress-up, happiness would not be lost since we had to attend formal dining outs and Navy/Marine Balls every so often.  After the Navy life was over I had a sense of sadness as I packed away all my formal dresses, but luckily my lovely town hosts a Bluebonnet Ball every year for local charities.  I love the Ball, because it gives me a chance to dress up again and you get to mingle with a lot of friends and different people that every day life doesn't allow.  This year I was lucky enough to inherit a great dress from my sister-in-law (she's pregnant).  The only problem is that is was a touch too small so I had to starve myself before the ball to fit into it.  Thank goodness I was training for a 1/2 marathon or I would have never fit into it.
Our Shoe Clips

One great thing I learned from my dear friend was the concept of shoe clips!!!  I bought some wonderful shoe clips on Etsy!  Now, I don't have to buy new shoes for the ball!  You can buy all sorts of shoe clips and it changes the look of a simple shoe in seconds.  No more buying expensive shoes for every occasion!

My friend with a heart of gold.  And gold shoe clips.
Another thing that was great about the ball this year was my sweet date.  He doesn't go to formal occasions often so we had to get him a tie, shoes, and belt before the occasion.  He purchased all these things for $70 at Macy's!!!  Love those giant sales there, but you have to get them while the gettin is good (I'm so country).  I picked out his tie....the red matches my shoe clips.  He was a fantastic date and he even donated a set of tires for the silent auction.  He makes me smile a lot too which is totally comforting!  
I was starving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment