Me and my Peeps

Me and my Peeps

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spring Break for the Old Folks

Now that I am a responsible parent of two my Spring Break trips aren't like they used to be, but they are still fun!  Taos, NM was the place to be for Spring Break 2011!!!!  Again, ski school was a must, but we walked into a cluster when we arrived on the mountain.  "Sorry, ski school is booked.  Snowboarding school is available."  That is what we heard when we entered the Children's Center expecting to sign up our children.  My sister-in-law and I looked at each other with wide eyes and we knew what we had to do.....we had to convince our girls that snowboarding class will be just as fun as ski school and if it isn't, then we will enroll them into ski school tomorrow.  Problem averted, and both boys and girls entered into a day of snowboarding class so that Debbie and I could go ski our hearts out.  Catie; however, DID NOT like snowboarding and dropped out.  She was a prize skier by the end of the week.  She even made it down the green that goes ALL the way down the mountain!

This time I rented my skies from a different rental place that writes my name on them in hope that someone else on the mountain doesn't have the name Izzy W.  Luckily, no one stole them this time.  I guess there aren't many Izzy's out there.




Debbie and I had a great week skiing.  The weather was perfect and the snow was awesome.  We even got to ski with our children at the end of each ski day.  We may be older, but we had the best Spring Break EVER!  Spring Break is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment