Me and my Peeps

Me and my Peeps

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Good Ol' Days

Old ice cream bowl in a new ice cream bowl
A few days ago we all felt like we wanted a dairy dessert after dinner.  I was about to get the same ice cream bowl that we always use out of the cupboard, but then the cute, green, ice cream bowls in my china cabinet caught my eye.  There was a piece of paper on the bottom of the bowl that said Victorian 1937.  I called my mom and she said that they are Art Deco but the date was correct (my Grandmother thought they were Victorian).  Go ahead and google some photos of people from 1937.  Are any of them overweight?  I think not!  Why?  Because they didn't eat the ridiculous portions we do now!  I'm going to try to get my portions to mimic the portions from the 30s.  Portion control is comforting.
This is a typical 30s family



No comments:

Post a Comment