Me and my Peeps

Me and my Peeps

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dominican Republic (Not USA)



My travel buddy
When one of my oldest friends called me eight months ago and asked if I wanted to go on a vacation with her and her family to the Dominican Republic my response was "YES PLEASE!"  The D.R. is what I imagine Hawaii would be like if it weren't a part of the U.S.  The resorts were beautiful and full of happy employees ready to pour coffee in the morning, but the surrounding areas were very poor.  Even the "nice" towns weren't nice according to me.  It made me a little sad to think that my dogs have a better life than some of the Dominicans, but that isn't fair considering they have better lives than some of the royals.  With this being said the Dominicans were some of the most happy people I have come in contact with in my life!  Why are the poor, Dominicans so happy and Americans are always stressed or depressed about something?  I will admit I am guilty.  I will say I came out of this trip relaxed and ready to live a happy life.  Being happy in a clean country is comforting!
We are OLD friends!

Sweet, happy D.R. children
My house is across from the school....so is this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment